Booking Terms and Conditions
- The Property, a holiday home(s) forming part of Chateau de la Vigne is offered for holiday rental subject to these terms and conditions and subject to confirmation by the owners, Mr G Simpkin and Mrs M Simpkin (the Owners) to the renter and everybody in the renter's party (the Client).
- To reserve the Property, the Client should complete the online booking form together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking and deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation invoice and statement by email. This is the formal acceptance of the booking and no contract between the Owners and the Client will come into force until the Owners have sent the confirmation invoice and statement to the Client.
- The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owners reserve the right to cancel the reservation with immediate effect and the Owners may do so by oral or written notice to the Client. In the event that the reservation is cancelled, the Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent. If the Owners are able to re-let the Property, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period must be settled locally with the Owners or their representatives before departure.
- A security deposit of €250 for the Chateau, €150 for the Coach House and€100 for the Farm Cottage for every rental period of each property is required in case of, for example, damage to the Property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owners. The Owners will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due, after any proper deductions, within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owners are able to re-let the Property for the cancelled period at the same rental, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 16.00hrs on the first day and finish at 10.00hrs on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed that reserved on the booking form unless the Owner has given written permission.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant; to take good care of the Property and its contents and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our main season prices, the Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring properties.
- The Client shall report to the Owners or Owner's representative without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Client shall report to the Owners or Owner's representatives should everything not be to their satisfaction as soon as possible after arrival and in any event before departure.
- The Owners shall not be liable to the Client:
a) For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any defect or stoppage of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property, garden, swimming pool or other leisure facilities.
b) For any loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
c) For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
d) For any consequential losses suffered by the Client in particular under sub-paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) above.
13. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or any agreement between the Owners and the Client in connection with the Property, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Both parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales for the purpose of any legal action or proceeding arising out of or related to these terms and conditions or any agreement between the Owners and the Client in connection with the Property.
14. Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period
By confirming the booking and making the deposit payment, you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions.